Skincare can be intimidating for some, yet easy for others. Our skin is the largest organ in our body, playing a vital role in our overall health. It serves various functions, including working as a barrier, regulating temperature, excretion, sensation, and chemical synthesis. Therefore, taking care of our skin goes beyond mere superficiality. So, how can we achieve healthy skin? Skincare isn’t solely focused on topical products. The best way to start your skincare routine is from the inside out. Good nutrition, CBD skincare routines, pre and probiotics, and hydration can be the keys to achieving radiant, clean, and healthy-looking skin.
Starting from the Inside Out
Skincare begins with proper hydration and nutrition. Spending money solely on topical products without taking care of your gut health and digestion is akin to taking pain medication without addressing the root cause of your pain. Here are a few things you can incorporate into your daily routine:
Increase Water Intake: Water is crucial for improving the appearance of your skin. Experts recommend consuming between 12 and 15 cups of water per day.
Pre- and Probiotics: Skin health starts in your digestive system. Pre- and probiotics help balance the good bacteria in your gut, promoting healthy digestion. This, in turn, aids in nutrient absorption, leading to visible improvements in your skin. Prebiotics are found naturally in foods like bananas, garlic, onion, and others. While probiotics are obtained from natural supplements and foods such as yogurt, kefir, and pickles.
Cannabinoids: CBD, CBG, and CBN are known to possess properties that may benefit various health conditions and overall wellness. Have you ever considered how they may affect your skin? CBD is rich in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, making it an ideal active ingredient for your skin. CBN, another cannabinoid, exhibits potent antibacterial properties, making it beneficial for our skin. You can incorporate cannabinoids into your routine through natural supplements and topical use.
Beginner’s Guide to Skincare
If you’re just starting your skincare routine, we’ve got you covered! The first step is understanding your skin type: normal, dry, oily, or a combination. Identifying your skin type and shade is crucial, as it comes with its unique characteristics. You can refer to the Fitzpatrick Classification of Skin Phototypes for more information.
Additionally, consider any specific skin conditions you may have, such as acne, irritation, inflammation, or dark spots. This knowledge will help you tailor your skincare regimen. However, remember that if any concerns arise regarding your skin’s health, it’s always advisable to consult with a healthcare provider, such as a dermatologist or a naturopath.
CBD Skincare Routines
Now that you have a better understanding of your skin, you can start building your custom skincare routine. Simply follow these steps and choose the right products for you:
- Begin with a cleanser – this is a crucial first step. Depending on your skin type, choose an oil-free cleanser or, if your skin is extremely sensitive and dry, opt for an oil-based cleanser. The key is to try the product and ensure it doesn’t leave your skin feeling dry or rough. Experts recommend washing your face once a day, or twice if necessary. Pro-tip: Use a toner or micellar water in the morning to cleanse and wash with a cleanser at night.
- Next is toner – don’t skip this step! Toners help balance your skin’s pH levels. Select a toner that caters to your specific skin type.
- Then, apply a serum. Serums are lightweight products with a higher concentration of active ingredients compared to regular moisturizers. There are various types available, depending on your skin type. This step aids in boosting hydration and maximizing the effects of other active ingredients from your moisturizer.
- Finding the right moisturizer, particularly for nighttime use, is crucial. It acts as a seal, retaining all the benefits of the other active ingredients while providing essential moisture and hydration to your skin.
- Lastly – facemasks! They are a treat for your skin but don’t need to be part of your daily routine. Ideally, you should aim to do this step 1-2 times per week, after ensuring your skin is clean and dry. CBD skincare products, such as CBD-infused facemasks, can work wonders. They help reduce excess sebum production, restoring your skin’s natural glow and moisture. Choose a facemask that also contains other natural active ingredients suitable for your skin type. CBD skincare is undoubtedly a game-changer!
Remember, just like any other habit, it takes time to adjust and incorporate CBD skincare routines into your daily life. However, if you commit to it, you’ll be pleased with the results of having healthier, glowing skin.
All information contained in this article is for informational and educational purposes only. Our products do not diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.