What’s makes you feel better during the holidays than Grandma’s old fashioned gingersnaps? Well how about treating your friends and family to something that will really make them feel better: Gluten and lactose-free organic CBD Ginger Snaps.
You’ll want to begin with 1/6 teaspoon (about 0.5 grams) of VESL’s 99-percent pure CBD Isolate, made from organic hemp, which is third-party tested to be free of all heavy metals and pesticides. Many of our clients routinely use this CBD isolate as anti-inflammatory and anti-anxiety supplement, meaning it’s perfect for your older relatives with arthritis and other joint pain.
From there we’ve chosen organic, natural ingredients to make the gluten and lactose-free CBD ginger snaps, including.
- 1 1/2 cups (210 g) all-purpose gluten-free flour (we used Better Batter)
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your flour blend already contains it)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (109 g) packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons (84 g) ghee (melted butter with the milk solids removed), at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons (84 g) unsulphured molasses
- 1 tablespoon (21 g) honey
- 1 egg (60 g, weighed out of shell) at room temperature, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/6 teaspoon (or about 0.5 grams) VESL 99-percent pure CBD Isolate
- Royal Icing, for decorating (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line rimmed baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper and set them aside.
In a large bowl, place the flour, xanthan gum, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt, and whisk to combine well. Reserve.
In a small bowl, combine the wet ingredients, whisk and add the VESL 99-percent pure CBD isolate. Mix well until the CBD isolate is completely dissolved.
Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients in the large bowl. Using a mixer, mix all the ingredients to create a thick dough.
Transfer the dough to a large sheet of unbleached parchment paper, cover with another sheet of parchment and roll into a rectangle about 3/8-inch thick (more than 1/4-inch, less than 1/2-inch). If you are concerned that the dough will be difficult to handle, place it in the refrigerator or freezer after you roll it out to allow it to firm up. Pull back the top sheet of parchment paper, dip a cookie cutter of your favorite shape or simply use your hands to make rounded shape gingersnaps.
Place the individual CBD cookies, about one and a half inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
Place in the center of the preheated oven and bake until brown or about eight minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to completely cool while still on the baking sheets.
These cookies can also be decorated with royal icing if desired, but allow the icing to set for 24 hours before stacking the cookies.
Enjoy this delicious CBD lactose- and gluten-free ginger snaps in good health.