The western civilization has been incorporating into its diet certain traditional Asian foods that are shown to have many health benefits. Ayurveda is a very popular diet in western culture and medicine as it provides natural immune and digestive benefits. One of the most popular recipes is the Immunity golden milk. Commonly known as turmeric milk, this popular drink from India has people swearing to its benefits. Our version CBD Immunity golden milk will boost anxiety and stress relief properties. Here is why this ‘milk’ is so popular:
Full of Antioxidants. The key ingredient of this recipe is Turmeric, full of natural substances that boost our immune system. Curcumin, which is the active ingredient, is high in antioxidant properties. Other ingredients like cinnamon and ginger contain antioxidant properties as well.
Antibacterial and antiviral properties. Aside from antioxidant properties, Curcumin also contains antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties which are great in helping your body fight infections.
May relieve anxiety and depression. Aside from the antioxidant, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties of Curcumin, it is also known to have potential properties in managing stress and depression. Adding CBD to the recipe will give it a boost to the already existing nutritional properties. Cannabinoids have shown to have
May help lower blood sugar level. Cinnamon and ginger, known for their anti-inflammatory properties, also helps lower blood sugar levels. Cinnamon is known to reduce insulin resistance and also how much glucose is absorbed in our body after a meal. Ginger, on the other hand, lowers the hemoglobin A1C levels which is a marker for controlling the blood sugar long-term.
CBD Immunity Golden Milk can help to maintain strong bones. Calcium and Vitamin D are very important substances for our body. They aid in maintaining strong bones. Low calcium levels may result in brittle and weak bones. Some plant-based milk products provide Calcium and Vitamin D.
- 1/2 cup (120ml) of unsweetened oat milk or milk of your choice
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 small piece of grated fresh ginger or 1/2 tsp of ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1-2 drops of CBD or CBG oil (or both!) – the cinnamon flavor will be perfect for this recipe
- Mix all the ingredients into a pan and let it boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer until you smell the fragrance (about 10mins)
- Using a fine strainer or clean cloth, strain the solution and top it with cinnamon
- Put 1-2 drops of CBD or CBG into the solution
All information contained in this article is for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. Always consult a physician or a qualified healthcare provider for any questions regarding your health and well-being.